NO CRACK

1991 Ford Probe • 4 cylinder FWD Manual • 171,142 miles

I have a 1991 ford probe GT and everything has been replaced. The starter, starter relay, distributor, coil, ignitor, battery and battery terminals. The problem is the car will not CRACK at all. The car did have an alarm that had a kill switch feature, but the entire alarm has been removed as well. When I turn the key, I hear a clicking noise from the starter relay. What could the problem be?
SlickRick954

NO CRACK? Lol!

Is the battery fully charged? Actually test it with a voltmeter. This may save you a lot of unnecessary headache

Could be a bad Solenoid (starter relay)

Could be a bad starter

Bad Cable

But even Simpler than that, and usually the problem, The connections all the way from the Battery to the Starter may be loose or corroded. Thats just the POS side.

Could be the NEG connections from the battery to the engine.

1st try to tighten all! That will include any type of connection on the cables, if the Battery clamps have "Squeezers" onto the cable, check them too!

Big connections at the 'Starter Relay' (solenoid), and the connections at the starter

Inspect the Cable ends for looseness and broken wires.

If the "tightening" don't cut it, take 'em loose, one at a time, clean and tighten well. Attempt to start, as you eliminate each one, then you may find the "Problem Child"

Let me know how it's going. Don't pass any thing off as : "IT LOOKS GOOD" (usually Murphy factors into that equation)

If you have a voltmeter, I could "maybe" tell you/ show a pic on using it, If you do not know how

At minimum, are your headlights really bright? Or are they fading away, after several minutes of being on?

The Medic