DODGE STEALTH VOLTMETER PROBLEM

1991 Dodge Stealth • 110,000 miles

It sputters when idling and when accessialation
Darren stillwell

Give it a tune-up, if you haven't done so in a while. Check for applicable trouble codes. You should be able to check mil codes, yourself. You turn key just till the dash lites come on, no further. Cycle the key, on--off, on--off, on, then the mil lamp on the dash starts flashing, you count the flashes to get the codes.

Mil light didn't do nothing

Darren stillwell
Ok, try this. Diagnostic connector next to fuse block. Using an analog voltmeter, connect voltmeter positive lead to self-diagnostic connector terminal #1 and negative lead to terminal #12. Turn ignition switch to on position and disclosure of ecu memory will begin. If 2 or more systems are non-functional, they are indicated by order of increasing code number. Indication is made by 12-volt pulses of voltmeter pointer. A constant repetition of short 12-volt pulses indicates system is normal. If system is abnormal, voltmeter will pulse between zero and 12 volts. Signals will appear on voltmeter as long and short 12-volt pulses. Long pulses represent tens; short pulses represent ones. For example, 4 long pulses and three short pulses indicate code 43.

Hey dude, read the post, use a voltmeter.

You can upgrade your post with a small donation. Maybe one of the big dogs will talk to you? I'm so far down on the pecking order, I'm sitting on the ground.

Have a good day.