FUEL PUMP

1991 Dodge Dynasty • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic • 160,000 miles

Im having a problem with the fuel pump on a '91 Dodge Dynasty. When I first got it it ran fine then it started to run a little rough on the idle then sometimes would randomly die. The oil pressure guage was also moving weird. It would go up really high then go back down. After it died it would start right back up just fine. Then I parked it and then next day went to start it and it would not start. I checked the fuel pump relay and even replaced it and it would still not work. Im stuck and don't know what else it would be and I don't want to change the fuel pump if thats not actually whats wrong. I want that to be last resort
JaricL.

If it cranks good, but won't start, have a helper crank it while you visually check for spark at the plugs. If you have spark everywhere, use a gage and check fuel pressure. Any applicable mil codes?

Well I believe its somethin to do with the fuel pump because before when you turned the key you could hear the fuel pump turn on and now you dont hear anything. Im not sure if it could be a loose wire to the fuel pump or maybe some security issue with the computer shutting it off. Not sure what to check for.

JaricL.
If you want to check for voltage and ground at the fuel pump connector, engine cranking, that will work. Let us know what you find.

To check for codes, you turn the key till the dash lites come on, no further, cycle key on--off, on--off, on, then the mil starts flashing, you count the flashes to get the codes. Your looking for two digit codes.