ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS

1991 Cadillac STS • 150,000 miles

1991 cadillac---electrical-- instrument cluster does not light up--i have no gauges--trunk does not open--no heater no door lights when open-antenna wont go up
Gregsworks

Have you checked all the fuses yet?Do you have a multimeter meter to do some testing?

No credit card fixed income

Gregsworks
Checked fuses no tester

Gregsworks
Everything worked before I put headgaskets on

Gregsworks
Your going to need a multimeter to test the circuits.I would start by going over all the work that was done to replace the head gaskets. Sounds like maybe a ground wire was left off.

If you smell something burning it is the head.U need to remove the info panel. When u disconnect the info panal and the head comes on. Replace the info panel if not replace the speedo head its fryed.

Cadieman
So will that also fix the door lights antenna trunk release etc?He said it all started after replacing the head gaskets?

Checked fuse links all ok---i heard theres ground wires in trunk? Can't get into trunk

Gregsworks
I would be looking for loose wires/grounds etc under the hood where you did the head gaskets. If everything worked before the head gaskets were replaced then something was left undone or pinched. Did you check all the fuses for power to both sides of them?

I know all the answers im disabled now. Did u unplug the info panel yet? Your goin to at leat a test light or we cant go on. They are cheap just make sure it has a bulb so we can check voltages. These are common problems for a cadie.

Cadieman
Page 1 of 2