WILL CHANGING TPS FIX MY PROBLEM WITH FUEL USE A SPUTTERING ON 91 ? CHANGED O2 SENSOR ALREADY.

1991 Buick Regal

I started having problems with my 91 buick regal. It ran rough, stalled when stopped at lights, idled rough, jerked or sputtered when trying to hold a constant speed while driving, and used a lot of gas. I changed the O2 sensor, it got better but did not fix all symptoms. Bypassed the converter, still having issues with jerking/sputtering while driving and now using way too much fuel. I was told it could be the TPS. Is this correct?
Dhutchinson

Would not think so have checked for codes? How recent is tune? What engine? TBI or PFI?

Docfixit
Code keeps saying 23 I think, which is O2 sensor which I replaced a few months ago. Did a tune up about a year ago when I bought it. I think it's a 3.1 V6. Don't know what TBI/PFI is.

Dhutchinson
23 is for MAT voltage high if ECM sees temp low will think engine is cold and richen fuel mix. Will need OHM meter check OHMs across terminals of temp sender, top engine left below coolant outlet and MAT, on air intake, ie. Cleaner. Wneh cold both will read HIGH resistence as air and engine warm both will fal in resistence. If one or both stay HIGH replace

Docfixit
What is MAT, ECM, OHM?

Dhutchinson
Manifold air temp,
Engine control module or main computer,
OHM is a measurement of electrical resistance, used in testing electrical senders and other electrical equipment, an OHM meter fitted to a multi meter is a hand tool used to do these tests.

If this is all a tad strange and you are unsure, best let a mechanic check these for you.

Mhpautos