KNOCK (DETONATION) SENSOR LOCATION, NEED DIAGRAM PLEASE

1990 Oldsmobile Delta 88 • 201,107 miles

3.8L V6 Olds 88 Royale Brougham. OE manual nor Chiltons manual shows the location of this part and I cant locate it.
DePerald

Check this out

I found that one in Chiltons guide. I found another diagram telling me that is the EOP Sensor and that it is actually under the exhaust manifold. I still am completly lost on it. I mis old cars before these computers.

DePerald
The figure I sent you was the knock sensor. I have replaced many of them. Replace the connector as well as they are a common failure. Why are you replacing it?

Failed smog high HC count and NO2 was high as well, found out there is a miss fire after plugs and wires were done. Used correct AC Delco plugs, I prefer oe parts, and wires. No check engingine light but checked codes and got code 39. It is one of three things the only one that makes sense is the knock sensor.

DePerald
What is the eop sensor?

No Clue what th3e eop sensor is its just on this other diagram I found.

DePerald
Did you replace the knock sensor?

Not yet I am trying to find the pig tail and with the rain I cant exactly crawl under my car to werk on it. Not a single parts store around here carries the pig tail for that sensor I am trying to locate it through other means. (My buddies shop.) Just need an oe part number and chevy dosent want to give me one.

DePerald
Good luck