HOW DO I GET MY TO START AFTER IT HAS BEEN RUNNING?

1990 Geo Tracker • 30,000 miles

Dear Bob and Ken; A little help if you can. I have a 1990 Geo Tracker that has been around the world a few times. I have never had a major problem with it that I couldn't troubleshoot or repair. Until now that is. I start the car fresh and it runs like a top. I drive it to town and then back to the farm and all is fine. I turn it off and come back 10 or 15 minutes later and all it does is just crank. I let it set for a couple of hours and it cranks right up. I just don't know where to start. I was going to start with the starter and replace the Bendix/Starter. If I still had the problem, I was going to replace the Alternator/Voltage regular. Then Carburetor. Finally if all that fails, I was going to see if it was a faulty Computer. Any suggestions? Appreciate any and all help.
Del Hoerchcer

So when it doesnt start the engine cranks and the starter works it just wont start?If thats the case I would start by seeing if you have a nice blue spark when it wont start. We have to start with the basics spark actual fuel pressure etc. But lets start with the easiest checking for spark. Also I think its more likely were loosing spark then fuel pressure.