ON YOUR HOMEPAGE I FOUND AN AD FOR AN ECM CHIP THAT WOULD "...INCREASE HORSEPOWER BY 60 & MILEAGE BY 7MPG..."DO YOU GUYS SUBSCRIBE TO THESE CLAIMS & NO DANGER TO THE SYSTEM?

1990 Geo Tracker • 200,000 miles

Application would be '90 3-spd auto & '94 5-spd stick, 1.6eng. Trackers.
Mack

The o'l cake and eat it too hype! Yes, you can have it all, just pay here!

Fixitmr
I'm taking that as a negative, which brings up the question: What is it doing on your homepage? Didn't seem to be a pop-up. Is your admin. Selling ads that you don't support? Anyway FYI, it's there.
Thanx, Mack

Mack
Of course they sell ads we don't support. They even sell to competing sites. Actually, they don't have much say in which ads appear.
Those things are just snake oil and the only people that benefit from it are the people selling it. All it is doing is telling the computer that the car is colder than it really is so the mixture is richer. That will not do anything but kill your fuel mileage and it's not even legal to install on a US vehicle, although nobody enforces it.

Wrenchtech
Unfortunately that is the price to pay for something for nothing. I was thinking if all questioners paid at least 2.00 per question, (5 would be excellent) this site would be a much better place for all.

Fixitmr