CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR

1990 Dodge Van • V8 2WD Automatic •

What is the location of the crankshaft position sensor on a 1990 dodge ram van b250 5.2L?
Catrina

Does not have one what is problem?

Docfixit
I drive a 1990 dodge ram van. B250 5.2L and it turns over but wont fire. I have been told by every repair place and parts service place that the crankshaft position sensor needs replaced and I have looked everywhere but cannot locate it.

Catrina
That's because does not have one. Pull plug wire check for spark. If spark spray carb cleaner in intake crank does it fire

Docfixit
I tried spraying carb cleaner. It didnt start but it is making a slightly different noise now when cranking. Like it wants to start but cant. I have tried so many things. I have replaced cap and rotor and plugs and wires. It runs for about a week and then stops starting. And then I get it jumped and it runs for about another week before doing the same thing

Catrina
Can you give me any other suggestions as to the cause of the problem?

Catrina
Check spark pull plug wire hold 1/4 in from block have someone crank is spark blue/white in color?

Docfixit
We did that and we dont have any spark at all

Catrina
O.K. Check for voltage at coil + terminal

Docfixit
We dont have a voltage meter and no way to get to one really

Catrina
Well looks like were done can get a test light less than $10

Docfixit
Page 1 of 2