I WENT TO CHANGE MY OIL PRESSURE SWITCH AND IT BROKE OFF IN THE BLOCK SOO I WELDED THE HOLE CLOSED SOO NO OIL WOULD LEAK OUT WHERE CAN I MOUNT A NEW 1

1990 Chevrolet Truck • 130,000 miles

I went to change my oil pressure switch and it broke off in the block soo I welded the hole closed soo no oil would leak out where can I mount a new one its a 5.7 350 I know you can mount it somewhere near the oil filter but I cant find it please help me this is a pic of the only hole I saw above oil filter
Matttyw20

You can't simply weld an oil passage for the oil switch. If you had overwelded the passage, it could get clogged. You should have drilled out the old switch instead.

Cant drill out an easy out

Matttyw20
Lots of old cars dont even have oil gauges theres no leak so honestly if im not gonna get the answer to the question im askin dont say anythin

Matttyw20
We are here to help and if you want an answer that you know, then why ask?

Funny so I said I knew where to adapt it near the oil filter thats a good one

Matttyw20
I didnt weld over the hole its still there if you know of a way to get the easy out out i'll glady drill throught he piece of brass and put it back in its original location will a punch break the easy out sorry jus dont have money to bring it to shop

Matttyw20
Get a new switch. Measure the size of the threaded part and get a drill bit that is smaller by at least 2 mm. Drill through and use the stud remover to get the part that is stuck to come out. You might need a punch that is sharp if the thread remover does not work.

I was tempted to stop answering your question by my professsionalism tells me not to.

Anyway, good luck.

A drill bit will go through the hardened easy out

Matttyw20