MY 89 MERCEDES DOESNT ALWAYS UPSHIFT INTO REGULAR DRIVE. JUST SCREAMS IN SECOND. IVE CHECKED OIL, AND MESSED WITH KICKDOWN SWITCH. CAN IT BE KICKDOWN SOLENOID?

1989 Mercedes Benz 300se • 180,000 miles

My 89 mercedes 300se doesnt always upshift into regular drive. Just screams in second and wont complete the shift. Ive checked oil, and messed with kickdown switch. Can it be kickdown solenoid? It just started doing this. I believe the transmission is ok but there is some external component causing the problem. I paid 1300 for the car. New tires, brakes, tuned was running great. Now with the holidays im broke to take the car anywhere. Please help.

steve

stevewillard41@yahoo. Com
Stevewillard41@yahoo.com

Seems to me you need to bring it in and have it further checked out-by a tranny specialist

I can think of that solution on my own thanks. If I had the money for that wouldnt be asking here.

Have you tried mercedes forums?

Fixitmr
Yes I have been looking. That is how I ended up here. One thought the kick down solenoid could be the problem. Sometimes it shifts normally. There has to be a few external components that can cause this type of behavior in the transmission. I cant locate any vacuum issues.

Thats an old car so any related electrical controls for trans are /switches suspect.

Fixitmr
Yeah I believe it. Im a little frustrated as I dont know when ill have funds to have it gone through. Was hoping someone had an idea on what to try, or had experienced the same problem.

Bottom line here is you have an internal problem with transmission-could be a valve body or shifting solenoid, pressure problem and the list goes on other than external issue-