MERCEDES FUEL LINE BLEED

1989 Mercedes Benz 260e • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 178,000 miles

How do I bleed the air out of the fuel line after I drained the fuel tank and line completely to replace the fuel filter?
Dirtbikerdude

Start the engine, that will push the air out. The need to "bleed" the air out does not exist for fuel lines, you might be thinking of a hydraulic system that does not recirculate, fuel in a fuel injected engine is always moving and there is no need to bleed the air out, just start the car and the air will get worked out on it's own.

Dr. Hagerty
Thank you very much for the information about bleeding the fuel line. I did just find that the fuel pressure regulator has a vent tube that normally connects into the breather diaphragm, but this one is broken. Will that prevent the pressure regulator from building the proper pressure, or is it connected to the breather so it will have clean air going to the fuel pressure regulator? If it is critical to proper pressure, can only the tube be replaced, or does the entire pressure regulator need to be replaced?

Dirtbikerdude
To be on the safe side, you might want to replace the regulator.

Dr. Hagerty
Thank you very much for your help.

Dirtbikerdude
UR welcome

Dr. Hagerty