GRAPH TYPE DASH GAUGES WENT OUT

1989 Ford Probe • 4 cylinder FWD Automatic • 125,000 miles

1989 ford probe 2.2 dash board went out, lost my gas gauge and all others. They came back on once then went out again, it is the graph type dash, does any one know what to do to fix this? Thanks al
Ajc4406pak

I've had some success with a few Chrysler Digital dashes, but for others there are places to send them for repair. I recently used Advanced Auto Electronics, Inc. In Virginia. Very fast service and the bill was less than expected.

I was hoping for a place I might try to find a loose wire or conector.
Seeing that it came back on once I thought it could be in the ribbon, maybe something like that. Some one else out there has had this happen too. And they could tell me it is in the firewall maybe?

Ajc4406pak
The most common problem is broken solder connections on the circuit board. Those can be on the connector pins or on one of the power resistors. Bad solder connections commonly make intermittent contact and will work sometimes. That's not to say there can't be a wiring problem but intermittent operation due to solder connections is extremely common, and intermittent problems due to wires that are protected inside the car are very rare.