CHEVY 1500 4X4 350V8 HAS A LOUD SCREECH/CHIRP, EVEN WITH SERPENTINE BELT REMOVED. I REPLACED THE FAN CLUTCH, NO CHANGE. PROBABLY THE WATER PUMP?

1989 Chevrolet Truck • 200,000 miles

Pretty much stated it all above
Chris.cocco

Can you tell an aprox area it is coming from?

It's difficult to tell, quite loud, I'm afraid to leave running too long, but it sounds like the front, maybe underneath. I can try it again tomorrow, and try to get a better idea.

Chris.cocco
Let me know if you can pick out any specifics. This is a tough one. Also, if it does it, really try to locate where the noise is, engine area, transmission area. I'm questioning a couple things. Also, have you every noticed any strange sounds when the starter is engaged? Let me know tomorrow.

I finally let it run long enough to figure out the noise was coming from the front of the engine. Changed the water pump, and I'm good again.

Thanks for your help. Sometimes it's good to have someone to bounce ideas off of.

Chris.cocco
It made the noise without the serp belt?