HIGH IDLE WHEN COLD, REVS BETWEEN SHIFTING

1989 Chevrolet Truck • 6 cylinder 2WD Manual • 245,000 miles

1989 Chev 1500 4.3L V6 Std 2wd, Very High Idle on cold starts, rev's between shifting, calms down when warm, rough idle. Replaced Coolant sensor, TPS, EGR solinoid, IAC, PCV Valve, thermostat, Rotor/cap, plugs.
Sidneybrent

Clean out the throttle bore/plate and look for vacuum leaks before engine gets to operating temperature-also check fuel pressure-let me know

What is the throttle bore / plate. Is it where the throttle body meets with the intake manifold?

Sidneybrent
Is this a TBI or CPI fuel injection? -On a CPI Is where the air intake tube from the aircleaner meets the throttle body-behind it you will see a butterfly. On a TBI its right under the air-cleaner

This is a TBI the air cleaner is on top. I cleaned out using carb cleaner spray and inline fuel injector additive.

Sidneybrent
Recheck the IACV, TPS and look for vacuum leaks-also rev's between shifts could mean the clutch slipping