PROBLEMS WITH STARTING MK 2 GHIA 1100. IF I DO NOT START THE CAR FOR 2OR3 DAYS IT WILL NOT START AT FIRST ONLY AFTER ABOUT 5MINS OF TRYING, IT WILL FIRE & EVENTUALLY START.& AFTER THE ENGINE IS HOT & I STOP THE ENGINE IT WILL NOT START AG

1988 Ford Fiesta • 89,000 miles

Problems with starting Mk 2 1988 Ford Fiesta Ghia 1100. If I do not start the car for 2or3 days it will not start at first only after about 5mins of trying, it will fire & eventually start.& After the engine is hot & I stop the engine it will not start again untill it gets cold, but then it will start first time day after day untill I leave it again for 2or more days, I have fitted a new Weber Carb 32. IBF & petrol pump, I do not have any petrol or oil leeks. I still have the same problem. What do you think?
Fredpope

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

Next time it refuses to start don't wait for it to make up its mind-do below immediately to determine if its fuel or spark problem

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if okay-check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs,coil's resistances,cap and rotor,distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing