FORD ESCORT CLUTCH PROBLEM

1988 Ford Escort • 72,000 miles

Can you tell me EXACTLY where I can find the A/C Clutch Diode,
And the A/C Clutch Field Coil? Thank you Joe K
JKDK

The coil is behind the ac clutch pulley and hub which the belt runs on.

The diode is on the connector.

I'M AN 85 YEAR OLD DUMMY (SOMETIME) Do you mean the elect. Connector on top of the compressor? Thanks

JKDK
Yyes, I do. What is the problem? Can we help you further?

VERY NICE OF YOU, ROY
My clutch engages with a hot wire but not with the dash control,
i have a new pressure cycling switch that has power to it. I dont have power at the connector on the compressor, I do have continutity. Joe

JKDK
Just thought of something. I still have some of the controllers in my tool box from these.

There is a black box behind the glove box. Drop the glove box down and the should be a black box about 3 inches square that was a very common failure for the ac compressor. Thats where the power comes from for the compressor

check the diagram below

Thank you ROY
I WILL CHECK THAT TOMORROW, IF I GET THIS PROBLEM FIXED I WILL SEND MORE MONEY. Joe K

JKDK
Good luck

Yep, I found it, looks like fun to change. ROY, you said you have a new one, do you want to sell it? How much$$ Joe K

JKDK
It not new, I need the numbers off it

Roy, When I look at the location of the controller I may be biteing off more than I can chew. Is it removed from the compartment front or taking the dash apart? Thanks, Joe I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP.

JKDK
Page 1 of 2