CHEVROLET S-10 FUEL PRESSURE PROBLEM

1988 Chevrolet S-10 • 39,000 miles

Truck sat for quite some time, but I took the precautions and got it broken in and running again. Started having an issue where the truck would turn over fine, but would not start. I then found that the injector was not spraying. I put a new ignition module on the truck and it then would start just fine. The engine in the truck is a 2.5 with a TBI. When I drive the truck it runs beautifully until it warms up and then dies, has lots of hesitation, and will not start again until is cools down. I then replaced the fuel pump thinking it was losing pressure and then the MAP sensor with no change. I then changed the Hall Effect sensor and it would not even start when cool after this so I put the old one back on. PLEASE HELP. Thanks
Livangric

Next time it stalls don't wait for nothing check for spark and fuel pressure-Also refer to this link: http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

It definitely has spark. I can pour a little gas in the TBI and it will start until that runs out. Fuel pressure I am unable to test as of yet. This truck does not have the port on the fuel rail and I am having a hard time figuring out how and where to test it. If this helps it has done this with two different fuel pumps so I do not believe that is the problem.

Livangric
Test it at the fuel filter, also check the ignition control module in the distributor

The Ignition Control module is brand new, but how would I go about testing it just in case it was bad off of the shelf. I am still working on the fuel pressure for you and will post it as soon as I can.

Livangric
Check the resistances of the distributor ignition pick-up coil-

Thanks for the help. The truck got to where it would not start at all, even when pouring gas directly into the TBI. I checked the fuel pressure and it was perfect. I then tested spark and it was perfect as well. I then took the engine computer down from behind the glove box. I had someone turn the engine over while I tapped on the computer, and it started right up. I swapped the computer with a new one and have been driving it for two days now. Thanks

Livangric
You're welcome-Good Luck and Happy Holidays