CAN I DELETE BELT TO A/C COMPRESSOR?

1988 Chevrolet Other • 100,000 miles

1988 Holiday Rambler motorhome based on Chevy P30 chassis with 454, 7.4L, W code engine. A/C is not working although pulley spins freely, electrical connection to clutch is disconnected. I do not need the A/C.
The belt is very worn to A/C compressor and rather than replace it, I would like to delete it altogether if possible as it appears this is all the belt is driving even though it is routed around the crank, power steering pump and water pump. However the power steering pump has it's own drive belt from the crank and the water pump is driven by the serpentine belt.
Am I right in thinking I can delete it?
Speedyscoot

Check with auto patrs store Dorman makes bypass pullies and may have for your application

Docfixit
Or cut belt off

Docfixit
Thanks for the replys. I have cut the old belt off, I just wanted to make sure that I didn't need to replace it due to sharing loads or something.

Speedyscoot
How did repair go?

Docfixit