BMW 325I BRAKES PROBLEM

1988 BMW 325i • 205,000 miles

Upon replacing brakefluid resevoir front brakes do not work. Rear Brakes are fine. All calipers front and rear bleed normally. I alternate braked fluid color between bleedings to asssure all bleed properly.
E.K.Rubynot

You most likely have air in the system

why did you replace the resevior

Initially had right front caliper problem. I replace caliper and all was fine. Then decided replace left front caliper and brake pads front and rear and resevoir because of damaged seal.

E.K.Rubynot
You may have to have it pressure bled to get the pedal back again

Thanks, I use commercial pressure bleeder and have done it 4 or 5 times already. The brakes are ABS. I am concerned about air in master cylinder from when I changed resevoir Being toying with idea of new master cylinder if I cant bench bleed the one on vehicle

E.K.Rubynot
That may be the answer, if you pushed your old master to the floor bleeding it, the seals may have ripped from not being in the lower end of the cylinder bore

Thanks, I appreciate your timely responses and will follow through on aquiring a new master cylinder. Happy New Year Sir.

E.K.Rubynot
Same to you