WHICH WOULD YOU DO AT THE DEALERSHIP?

1988 Acura Integra • 116,000 miles

If you had to choose which one would you have done at dealership. The rack and pinion (dealer price $)1016or the time belt/water pump/ alternator belt, compressor belt, power steering belts (all for $763).I don't know which is easier to have an independent mechanic to do.I can only affort one at dealership. The reason I'm undecided is the car is running so well. No power steering problems nor anything else. And I'd prefer to have them done with honda parts and done by a certified honda/acura mechanic. I just don't want to ruin this car. It's old but it's in great shape. Still has a lot of life.
Boongie74

I wouldnt be afraid to go to a regular shop, you may find that you can do both jobs for the price of one, dealers are rediculously high, also if the job calls for original honda parts that is what the shop will use, don't for one minute think just because you went to a honda dealer that they will use nothing but honda parts, this is not true, they will use whatever they can make the most money on, and I have seen plenty of autozone trucks at the honda dealer.

Legitimate007