WHAT WOULD CAUSE THE ENGINE TO STOP RUNNING WHEN IT REACHES OPERATING TEMPURATURE

1986 Oldsmobile Ciera • 90,530 miles

2.8L mfi, present dtc codes 15, 24, 42. The car overheated and quit running, I have repaired coolant leaks, replaced thermostat, replaced coolant temp sensor and cooling fan switch. I start the engine but when it reaches operating temp it stumbles and quits running.
Pcc1956

After replacement of parts, are the codes still present?

Check yoru fuel pressure first it should be 41-47 psi. Then check the tps for low voltage and seeif your cold start injector is ok. That is the one on passenger side by itself, it may not be giving fuel

I have one of these things sounds like the same issue ive changed everything at least once rang out the entire engine harness checked every ground I still cant fix it It gets up to 188 degrees and falls flat on its face I can keep it running with an outside fuel source but it wont run on its own fuel pressure fine I question the volume though. I dont know im stumped. Can anyone help me?

Paulc3110
Were the dash indicator lights showing when the engine stalled?

Check resistance in crank and cam sensors, they may be high and the heat is effecting them. Unfortunatley we have on info on what it should be so check againsta new one at auto parts store

Ok. Dash indicator lights? Ill check

Paulc3110
Oil light and charge light come on. Now I have a check engine light now because I ran It with injector unpluged. I have the latest snap-on solus scanner with built in graphing are there any specific areas I can look?

Paulc3110
You might try to freeze fram cam and cranksensors see that works. But try the resistance if you can do it with the machine. If they are high they have been known to fail due to heat causing tomuch resistance.

Ok Ill check that

Paulc3110