WHAT ALL DO I HAVE TO DO TO LIFT THE FRONT END OF MY ?

1985 Isuzu Truck • 122,000 miles

I got a 1.9 liter rear wheel drive and I want the front end the same as the back
Isuzu8595

What kind of springs are in the front, coil or torsion bar? Is the rear at stock height or has someone modified it and raised it beyond stock height?

Its all stock so the back is a little higher then the front and the front is coil

Isuzu8595
But I could have a trosion bar I really dont know

Isuzu8595
Ok up front is for sure torsion

Isuzu8595
Torsion bars are adjustable. Visit any tire and alignment shop and they will have a small book that shows every car and truck, where to take the measurements, and what those measurements should be.

When you adjust the left side up an inch the right side will go up too about a half inch so you have to keep going from side to side. Turn up both bolts perhaps one or two complete revolutions, bounce the front bumper a few times, then take the measurements. Both sides should be equal and they should be close to the middle of the acceptable range.

You're smart for wanting to make the ride height correct. Even when the numbers on the alignment computer say everything is okay, you will have accelerated tire wear if the suspension height is wrong because it changes the geometry of those parts. Handling is adversely affected too when the height is wrong.

I sont live anywhere close to an alognment shop can you show me where I need yo for my pickup

Isuzu8595
You can adjust the height yourself but the alignment needs to be checked and adjusted after this as the difference in height would affect the castor and camber.

The height control bolt is the one you use for adjusting the height. Tightening the bolt would increase the height. Lift up front of vehicle while doing this and after adjustment drive the vehicle around to let it settle before measuring again.

I was wondering if I could have step by step directions please

Isuzu8595
The videos show how to do it.

I have a better suggestion. First check the tire wear patterns. Even if they're okay now, you're going to be affecting camber as KHLow2008 mentioned earlier. That will cause accelerated edge wear on the front tires so you're going to want to have the truck aligned. Any conscientious alignment mechanic is going to measure the ride height and correct it first before making any alignment adjustments. That's part of the job so just let him do it. If he has the time and is allowed to bring customers in the shop, he will likely be more than happy to show you where the adjustment bolts are and let you watch him make those measurements and adjustments. We all like to show off our knowledge and expertise, and showing you how to do it next time isn't going to put him out-of-work.

The adjustment procedure takes less time than looking up your truck in his book. If he spends more than five minutes on it, he's being way too picky.