ENGINE WILL NOT START AFTER CHANGING BAD IGNITER (ONLY ONE IN USA LOCATED FROM JUNK YARD) (1ST PRODUCTION CAR TO USE FUEL INJECTO

1984 Toyota Cressida • 22,255 miles

1984 Toyota Cressida engine will not start after changing bad igniter (only one in USA located from Junk yard) (1st production car to use fuel injectors so they say) There is no signal to injector so no gas to start. It tries only to start, let it sit 5 minutes fires 1-2 hits more. Every once in a while the engine will race then next time it only fires a few hits? (Before replacing igniter, there was no fire at all. Before it completely died I use to plug in another used distributor into engine. I turned the distributor gear by hand while someone else cranked. When it almost ran on its own- I then plugged the distributor still connected in on engine to its connection and it ran fine for a week or so. It only would stop at Wal-Mart parking lot, most likely because it was my 2nd stop after it got hot! The Cressida started acting up after a short 250 mile trip in 90 degree summer weather. I only put 28,000 miles on it a year. I bought it in 1991 and never had any electrical issues with it before, except change alternator and lights! Main relay or engine relay got stuck.
Only thing I can think of now is engine computer problem. Years ago it had a similar or same problem (tries to start) and it was engine or main relay under the hood!
It died just like this 86,000 miles ago, that time I just changed fuel pump and all ok (no fire at that time either). This time it would not fire, but this time I had a garage change fuel pump. Toyota dealer ship(3rd Garage says relays-fuel pressure is OK, I find the part igniter and even let them use my shop manual which is most likely better than their computer service junk.
zpinkpanther@juno. Com
Congorethy

You sounded as though it doesn't have spark if so No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing