WON'T TURN OVER

1983 Jaguar XJ6

1983 Jaguar XJ6 V12 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 90,000 miles

Hello there,
My Jaguar has been sitting outside with a cover on it for about six months, I know this is bad. I put a new battery in it and it turned over but it sounded like it was having a hard time. I kept trying to start it till now it just clicks, I recharged the battery and tried to jump start it but it still clicks. I think I might need a new starter or some brushes? In the starter might be bad. I can't find the starter can you help me? I have very little money so I can't take it to a mechanic! As you already know they are very expensive to have worked on. My father handed it down to me in this condition, I would like to give it to my son some day.
Triplecrown_12

No crank at all/nothing/nada:

Could be a blown fusible link,the starter, starter relay, park and neutral switch/transmission position switch and ignition switch assuming the battery and connections are good. Note:If it doesn't apply disregard.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_s_7.jpg

Sounds like your solenoid

Kataklysmickat