HELP HAVING BRAKE ISSUES.....

1983 Chevrolet Van • 150,000 miles

I have a 1983 chevy 20 series conversion van and am having brake issues. Blew 2 main brake lines to both rear and front right, replaced 1 and plugged other to get it home. When they are being pumped and bled, I can't get a solid pedal at all and the rear compartment of the master cylinder shoots brake fluid straight out the top but yet all brakes have fluid flowing freely to them. Any suggestions on what to try next to get the solid pedal? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Katmandu4u

Still have air in the system. It is tough to get all the air out. It may require a pressure bleeder to assist you.

We have tried that and still have nothing

Katmandu4u
You have a pressure bleeder? Not many people have that. If all the air is out of the system, then the master cylinder may have failed.

Hi I appreciate your help. Have tried new master cylinder, pressure bleeder new lines just about everything I can think of and still have no brakes. When its not running I can pump to hard pedal but the minute I start it press it once and u air and then nothing and goes to floor with no effort. Is there a way to test the vacuum booster and the black box that connects the lines together? I have worked on a lot of brakes but have never had this happen I just am at a loss. Also do you know where a guy could go to get a brake system diagram? Again I appreciate your help very much.

Katmandu4u
I still think you have air trapped in the lines. The fact that you have a pedal when off is a good indicator.

Do you get solid fluid flow out the cylinders and calipers.

Yes and I may have explained the solidness or lack of lol. When off there seems to be pressure but when running there is none. In both situations tho the pedal goes to the floor.

Katmandu4u
You may need some help here. I suggest letting a shop finish this bleeding process for you as you seem to not be able to get rid of the air.