DIGITAL FUEL INJECTION PROBLEMS

1983 Cadillac Deville • 8,000 miles

I have got a 1983 Cadillac Coupe Deville and I am having trouble with the fuel pump. When I go to start the car it really wants to turn over, but the fuel pump won't turn pump gas to the engine. But if I put gas in the carberator then it will try to run off the gas I put in the carbirator.
we have gotten it once to run off the gas I put in the carbirator. I am debating if it is the fuel pump, fuel pump relay, or a blown or missing fuse. The problem comes, because I don't know which relay is which. Can someone please give me some suggestions on this subject?
Poprocks6301

Do a fuel pressure check. In most cases, it is the fuel pump itself that has failed.

OK THANK YOU I WILL LOOK INTO THAT

Poprocks6301
I had the same car back in my cadie yrs. Do u hear the pump run when u first turn the key on?Drop the r/side under dash panel.U will see a relay panel with fuses in it. There is a 20 amp. Mini fuse their marked fuel pump. Use a test light or volt meter to check that voltage is there and the fuse isnt blown. We can start here. Kk

Cadieman
Ok thanks cadieman. I will look into that and tell you the results when I can thank you. It might be a week or so before I can do it cause im busy so please keep watching for my reply

Poprocks6301
Np gl ill be here.

Cadieman
Hey cadieman. I am sorry I have not replied in a while. Ive been working on my 1983 Cadillac Coupe Deville. I changed my fuel pump.
It actually runs now. But I have 1 question. How do I clean the digital fuel injectors in the throttle body?

Poprocks6301
Add Lucas fuel system cleaner. He

Cadieman
Ok I will cadieman. Thank you for your help. We are still working on the car. Lol

Poprocks6301