OK, OLD SCHOOL PROBLEM.. TOWN CAR, STARTS AND RUNS FINE. AFTER APPROXIMATELY 10 MINUTES OR SO IT DIES AND WONT RESTART. THE ENGINE TURNS OVER AND I HAVE GAS AT THE CARB. I GET INTERMITTENT SPARK AT THE COIL. I HAVE REPLACED THE CO

1979 Lincoln Continental • 77,000 miles

The engine turns over and I have gas at the carb. I get intermittent spark at the coil. I have replaced the coil and condenser, cap and rotor, new plugs and wires.
Skagg1207

Check the primary ignition resistance/wire back to the ignition switch and also test the ignition switch-double check the point gap or use a dwell meter to angle it

Does this vehicle still have the large ignition module under the hood? Aprox size 5"x 5".

Oops! Sorry its an electronic distributor-Joe I think its the dura spark system

I believe that is correct. The interesting thing with these modules is they would start going bad after the engine would get hot. Then they would break down and the engine would die. The final stage is what is described here.