WHATS WRONG WITH MY TRUCK

1978 Chevrolet Custom Deluxe • V8 4WD Automatic •

What is wrong with my truck it has good battery and starter but it wont turn over it is a 1978 chevy?
Wolfpack53

An easy place to start, if you aren't familiar with making electrical checks, is to pop the cover off the starter relay and squeeze the contact. If the engine cranks, we know the battery, cables, connections, and starter are ok. That test will tell us where to look next. You might want to have a test light handy.

This is pretty simple system on this truck. Does the starter get good power or not. A test light will show a dim light if it doesn't give good power. You have anuetral safety switch if it's not in park or nuetral it won't start. The starter shold be check ed for draw. How do you know the battery is good or not? They can go bad fairly quick. Can the engine be turned over by hand?

Well I just bought a new battery and starter thinking that was the problem and it still wont even click or anything but everything inside the truck and outside works.

Wolfpack53
See if there is power going to the purple wire on the starter. If there is you may have it hooked up to the wrong pole. Also make sure all the wires are hooked up.

Well there are three wires going to the starter the batery wire and then there is one that hooks up to the big pole that plugs into the ditributor than there is a little wire pluged into something idk what is though.

Wolfpack53