HOW DO I GET MY TO START AGAIN?

1976 Ford LTD • 61,000 miles

My car decided to not start. It started up fine a couple days ago idled for a couple minutes then just died. Won't fire at all now. The battery is good we just replaced the coil hoping that would solve the problem but it still won't start. I was told it could possibly be the Ignition module, but I would like to have maybe a definite possibility instead spending a ton of money replacing everything on the car to get it to start.
Mysteria80

First check the ohms in the pickup coil in the distributor. They should be 400-800 ohms checkedthrough teh purple and orange wires. Check spark at plugs shold be 1/4" spark. Never pull #1 or 8 on cap as this can ruin the module by doing that. AS you have alredy changed the coil then if hte pickup is good then it 'sprobably themodule if no spark. Make sure you are getting fuel though

You have to start out checking the basics. Test for spark with a spark tester. Look down the carb while you open the throttle and look for a squirt of fuel and take a compression test on the engine to determine the basic condition.

Wrenchtech