WHAT CAUSES HEI TO INTERFERE WITH STEREO?

1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass • 73,000 miles

I put an HEI distriputor in my 72 Cutlass Supreme (77 rocket 350 motor, beefed) and ever since then the stereo cuts in and out. It does not do it when key is turned to accsry, just when the car is running. It is much worse at idle than at higher speeds. We took the car on a trip to Iola WI for a car show (about 400 miles) and when the car is warm and running at highway speeds it seemed to work ok, but slow down or let the car cool and it was worse again.
Any ideas on what problem is and how to fix it? By the way, I already tried adjusting the regulator and that didn't help.
Serenityphoto

I JUST SEARCHED RADIO SHACK---SEEMS THEY HAVE LITTLE TO DO WITH RADIOS ANYMORE

YEARS AGO I BOUGHT A FILTER FROM THEN THAT INSTALLS INTO THE POWER FEED CABLE TO THE RADIO, IT CUT OUT MY STATIC

THESE ALSO WERE ONCE FOUND AT DEPARTMENT STORES IN THE AUTO SECTION

SOME VEHICLES USE A "CONDENSER LOOKING" FILTER (LIKE POINTS SYSTEM CONDENSOR) FOUND MOUNTED ON OR NEAR THE EXTERIOR OF THE DISTRIBUTOR, AN AUTO PARTS STORE MIGHT HAVE IT, I'M NOT SURE WHERE IT CONNECTS, MAY BE INSTRUCTIONS W/ IT.I CAN DIG INTO SOME DIAGRAMS IF YOU WANT ME TO, TO SEE IF I CAN FIND IT ON A JEEP CJ

YOU MIGHT ALSO INVESTIGATE A CAR STEREO STORE FOR SUCH A FILTER---IS IT THRU THE "POWER" OR OVER THE "AIRWAYS" IS PROBABLY THE BIG FACTOR IN TRYING TO STOP IT