WONT SHIFT INTO ALL GEARS

1970 Ford F-100 • 6 cylinder 2WD Manual • 250 miles

1970 ford f100 3spd manual trans. My question is the truck only has 2nd and 3rd gears or 1st and reverse is this a linkage problem, thew steering column has already been replaced and it didn't help a bit. Before I got the truck the engine was removed for repairs is it possible the trans. Was not in the correct gear, or something else.
Mff5070

The way you have worded this really makes no sense at all---This being a 3 speed, You do have Reverse and 1st on one leg of the "H" pattern, and 2nd and 3rd on the other leg of the "H" pattern. You have really not stated "What is Happening or Not Happening" with the shifting, clutch, or whatever!(I have a 3 speed, in the floor, on my '77 CJ 5, Dad's '79 F-150, is "3 on the Tree") Just from the way it is sounding now, It's like you want, or think you should have, more than 3 forward gears! Please give some history to what happened, to put it in the shop, and now, what it is doing after the shop. Slow down take your time, proofread what you are about to submit. We cannot read minds (my wife can), but usually someone will help you, if they understand the situation!--The Medic