HOW TO GET FUEL TO FLOW FROM TANK TO ENGINE

1966 Ford Mustang • 95,000 miles

After 10 years of storage, I drained the gas tank, replaced the fuel hose at the engine (filter is clean), and blew air through the fuel line from the engine to the tank. I poured 15 gallons of new fuel into the tank but still no fuel is reaching the engine. I even jacked up the rear end to help with more gravity feed, blew air through again, heard the fuel bubble but no fuel reaches the fuel line at the engine. Appreciate your help. - Luke
Lukebarfield

Most likely is the fuel pump has failed. Check fuel pressure first.

It should be about 7 lbs. There should be about 2 to 3 lbs of vacuum at the pump. Make sure the hoses are not cracked or broken

I can't get fuel to the pump, gravity feeds the fuel from tank to the engine, right? I didn't think there is a pump inside the tank.

Lukebarfield
The pump is on the motor. There is an inlet hose, hose to the carb and if you have ac, a return line to the tank.

Hey thank you for the help, after replacing the pump and turning the engine over, I got fuel to the engine and it started right up!

Lukebarfield
AIRBORNE!

AS CHEAP AS ONE IS. GET YOU A SPARE/ STICK IT IN A ZIP-LOCK/ KEEP IT IN THE TRUNK.I KEEP TOOLS AND SPARE STUFF IN MY JEEPS, LIKE A FUEL PUMP. COIL. IGNITION MODULE (SO FAR, I'VE AIDED 2 OTHER JEEPS DISABLED ON THE ROADSIDE, USING THE PUMP FOR ONE, AND THE IGNITION MODULE FOR THE OTHER)

IT'S KINDA LIKE IF I DIDN'T HAVE 'EM ON HAND NOW, I'D NEED 'EM

ARE YOU STILL RUNNING POINTS IN YOUR RIG?

FEEL FREE TO SEND PICS, WE LIKE SEEIN' WHAT WE'RE WORKING ON