VW 1200 CC TURNS OVER BUT WON'T START

1964 Volkswagen Beetle • 4 cylinder FWD Manual • 55,000 miles

1964 VW Beetle 1200 cc mileage: 55,000. I am 14 years old. I just bought this classic and it ran for a long time (a week). I have had it for less than a month. I want to know why it won’t start. It turns over but won't start. I’m getting worried because I don’t know how long the gas should sit in there before getting bad and causing other problems. I know the car has 40-horse power it’s a type one and it’s an air-cooled engine. The oil is black. When changing the oil it recommends I run the car for a couple of minutes before, but I can’t even start the car. 14 years old seems young to get a car, but I loved cars since I was born and I’m buying the car myself. Please  help! My classic 1964 VW Beetle. Thank you.
2CarPros-Archives

Three things are necessary for an engine to run, compression, spark at the right time and a proper amount of fuel. Check compression of the engine, spark at the spark plugs and fuel in the carburetor. By following this procedure, you will be able to determine why your car will not run.

2CarPros-Archives