MISFIRE

Chevrolet Other

I SAW A POSTING ABOUT SOMEONE HAVING TROUBLE WITH MISFIRE ON #5 CYCLINDER ON A 1999 CHEV TAHOE. DO YOU KNOW THE OUTCOME OF HIS PROBLEM?
ALSO, HOW DO I TAKE A VACUM READING ON MY 1998 CHEV TAHOE WITH A 5.7 VORTEC ENGINE? WHERE DO I SCREW IN THE VACUM GAUGE?
Struxgl

Not sure about the outcome of the other guy. A vacuum test is generally done with the engine warmed. You need a vacuum source(hose or pipe) from the intake manifold to hook to the vacuum gauge. All vacuum gauges I've used haven't threaded into anything, just hooked up by a vacuum hose. Plug whatever you disconnected.
At idle the gauge should be steady at about 15-20 inHg. Rev the engine and let off. The gauge reading should drop and then return to normal. If you have a misfiring plug the gauge reading will occasionally drop about 1-5 in. Hg.
Any other readings will let you know any other aspects about the conditon of the engine.
Hope that helps

Hyknrd
I had my check engine codes checked today. P1281, P0108, P0320, P0351, P0300, P0301, P0303, P0420, P0306, P0307 are the codes that were displayed. I am wondering what your point of view is concerning the amount of codes and what to do to repair.

Thank You for your time.

Aripekadebi
There are many that deal with misfires. It could be fuel problems, plugs, coil, internal engine issues.