REAR HATCH LIGHT

2003 Volvo XC70

2003 Volvo XC70 All Wheel Drive

Rear hatch warning light is on when hatch locked. Replaced mechanism, but still warning light. Sometimes it goes off. How do I fix or how do I disable?
Robertblake

Hi robertblake, Welcome to 2carpros and TY for the donation

In the Cargo Compartment Relay/Fuse Box

Try unplugging these relays 4, 6, 13 R/F box and see if the lite will turn off, the relay that shuts it off could be sticking- see below

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_volvo_1.jpg

Volvo was 2002, not 2003. None of the relays effected problem. Pulled all relays and still problem. Rear window gets hot when de-ice button pushed. No wire broken or frayed from visual inspection. Looks like dealer may have worked on problem as relays have been pulled before. One relay a different color so I believe it was replaced, but no response when pulled, Still registered as open talegate. Could relay be bad and only registered closed when it is working?

Robertblake
You have a sophisticated electrical system its hard to say where this problem exist, the relay can be tested-by checking the coil and switch side. Your best bet is bring it in and have it checked by their ace electrician