SUNROOF

2001 Volvo XC70

2001 Volvo XC70 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 95,000 miles

2001 V70XC 92K: Sunroof will operate but will not close when using the the auto function. I have to try to " flick" the switch just to get it close to the closed position. The problem is that when it rains I get water coming in from both of the front corners of the headliner as well as a sloshing/bubbling sound (in the rear part of the headliner) when accelerating. I purchased a Upper Console, with a sunroof switch and replaced it hoping it was just the sunroof switch but no luck and I still have the same problem. I would like to see if there are any other suggestions before I take it to a dealer. Also, what can I do to ensure that the sunroof drains (2 or 4?) Are unclogged. Thanks in advance for any help and/or suggestions.
01V70XC

Hi 01V70XC,

If you had disconnected the battery or replaced any fuse related to the sun roof, you need to recalibrate it nefore the auto function can work properly.

1. Ensure sunroof is closed. Turn ignition switch to " I" and press sun roof switch so that sunroof is in tilt position and release switch.

2. Press switch so that sunroof is in tilt position again and hold for at least 5 seconds till the sunroof closes. Release switch and if roof is in correct position, calibration is complete. If the sunroof is not in correct positooin, repeat procedure. If it still does not close correctly, move on to next step.

3. Press switch to open sunroof fully. Rrelease switch and press in reverse direction and hold for at least 5 seconds to close sunroof. Release switch. Close sunroof and repeat calabrication again.

The drain hoses are locate around the 4 corner pillars and you need to ensure they are not clogged by squeezing them.