99 V70XC AWD CLICKING NOISES FROM DRIVER SI

1999 Volvo XC70

1999 Volvo XC70 4 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 95000 miles

My car got about 2 in of water while parked (sudden downpour and sunroof open). The water was removed using dryvac in 4-6 hours. Since then I have my SRS light ON (not deployed). Also my driverside door seems to click every 10 seconds or so like unlocking itself. However, the knob does not move. To make it more challenging, the remote door lock/unlock (OEM) system works without a hitch. NO light on the panel besides SRS. Any ideas? If I need to replace the SRS computer, where is it located and how easy it is? Door clicking mechanism - how easy it is to repair. I am somewhat handy
Flyaplane

Hi Flyaplane,

You should get a scan done to find out what is causing the ABS light to show.

Before proceeding, see AIR BAG SAFETY PRECAUTIONS . Disable system.

Control module is located under center console. Remove cigarette lighter compartment. Remove Data Link Connector (DLC) cover. Disconnect connectors from lighter socket and bulb holder. Disconnect DLC connector and press out connector through cigarette lighter compartment.

Disconnect connectors at front of center console. Remove center console mounting screws, apply handbrake and shift transmission into Neutral. Remove center console. Remove 3 Torx screws and lift up control module. See Fig. 6 . Press connector latch and move locking plate forward. Disconnect connector. Remove control module.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_ABSUnit99VolvoV70XC_1.jpg

The door locks should be due to water getting to the door lock control unit, might be shorting slightly but not sufficient to lock or unlock. Problem going to come later if you don't rectify it now.