WETNESS

2006 Volvo V50

Interior problem
2006 Volvo V50 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 68,000 miles

my volvo V50 has water acummulating in the passengers side rear foot well. We park it in a garage and there is no water showing on the door interior. Also the ac vents spew water vapor for time to time.
John knox

One spot you may want to check is the evaporator drain hose for blockage. The drain is on the passenger side.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/337695_159607016_1.jpg

You will need to remove the carpet to dry out so you will have better access to the drain.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/337695_148361232_1.jpg

Let me know what you find with the drain.

JIS001
I think I have the same problem. How do I remove the carpet? If I take out the front seat will I set off a code that the dealer has to reset?

Mberlin
Hello, I also have the same problem, but can't work out where the photo is in the car, I am in the UK and pressume this is the right side of the middle of the car? But where.

Frasermcnish
Mine is on the right front side, on the center console (where the radio and ac controls are) about 7 inches from the firewall and 4 inches up from the floor. It's white with a black hose. However, I believe that this might not be my problem. I took my carpets out a couple of months ago as they were sopping wet. I've have yet to put them back in wanting to make sure I found the problem. My problem continued. Many times I have ended up with several inches of water in my left rear floor. I'm pretty sure my problem is due to 2 disconnected drain tubes from my sunroof. If you remove the front pillar covers, you'll see a brown tube. The tube connects to another tube. The problem is that this tube easily comes apart in addition to filling up with leaves and pollen. (I'm in North Florida where it rains just about every day.) There is barely enough room to get you fingers around the tubes to reconnect them not to mention the inaccessibility. It's a terrible design. Hope this helps.
Melissa

Mberlin
Thank you! Found my problem. It was blocked. My fitting had an elbow joint. Bad design. Pushed a bottle brush through and the car now vents to outside, rather than the footwells! Thank you for your help!

Frasermcnish