RIGHT HEADLIGHT & BRAKE LIGHTS

2001 Volvo S80

2001 Volvo S80 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 77,700 miles

I have noticed that my brake lights do not work. The turn signals on both sides work but neither right or left brake light works. I have tried replacing the bulbs, checked fuses and all work well. The brake light in the read widow is the only one that works. Also my right headlamp does not work on regular beam. Only the high beam works and have tried the same (bulbs and fuse) replacement and NOTHING.
Royal1973

Hi royal1973,

Thank you for the donation.

A test lamp would help in the diagnostics.

For the right headlight, test the Blue/White wire for battery voltage when the headlights are turned on.

If voltage is available, the bulb or its socket is faulty.

If voltage is not available, test fuse # C2 ( 10 A ) for battery voltage. If voltage is not available, you have a fault with the internal circuits of the passenger compartment fuse box.

For the brake lights, check the brake light relay in Rear Electronic Module on cargo compartment relay/fuse box.