SPORADIC BURSTS OF THRUST

2000 Volvo S80

2000 Volvo S80 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 170000 miles

i have a volvo s80 t6 twin turbo with 170k miles. Whenever I start my car and hit the gas the power is usually a steady flow depending on how fast im going. Over the last few months as I accelerate the speeds jump up and then the power drops for a second and then for no reason goes back up to the normal acceleration. My check engine light came on a few days ago and the mechanic indicated it was something like a misfire in the top end of the engine. I replace the spark plugs and am still having the acceleration issue. I am wondering if the sudden acceleration is related to the check engine light and something like a sensor or electrical in the top end or if you think they are totally unrelated? Any help you could provide would be great
Gutar4fun

Hello – sorry you are having problems with your vehicle.

When you replaced the plugs make sure that you replace with the OEM ones. I have also attached the gap.

Spark Plugs

Engine
B 6284 T
B 6294 S
Volvo Kit Number Torque Gap
272 367 18.4 ft. Lb. 0.030 Inch

I really need to know the code number. If you can stop by AutoZone or O’Reilly’s and have them pull the codes for free. Make sure you please give me the code number and what they say the code is. While there, have them also bring their tester out and check your battery, alternator and starter. This is also free.

Please get back with me on this so I can better assist you.

Thanks for the donation

ImpalaSS