DOOR LOCKS

2000 Volvo S80

2000 Volvo S80 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 100000 miles

When you press the button to unlock the doors
it makes a noise like it's trying to work but the doors won't
unlock. What could the problem be and what is the
price range I am looking at?
Marika-82

Which door lock is acting up?

JIS001
When you press the drivers side door button it effects
all the doors, none of them unlock.

Marika-82
I am going to assume that the locks work fine when you use the remote. If this is the case then the most likely problem will be the master switch that is bad. It can be a little expensive since the switch is part of the Drivers Door Module. So when you replace that you will also need to have the software loaded to the new part. I dont know where you are from so do not know what Volvo charges for there hourly rate? I just did the Passenger Side Door module a couple of weeks ago and asked the service writer how much the bill came to and I believe she said it was about $800 for the repair. So it would be better to have it properly diagnosed. If you are having problems unlocking the doors with the remote also let me know what it does. When you unlock the doors does it seem like they unlock and lock again?

JIS001