DASH LIGHTS ON FOR ABS, STC, CHECK ENGINE

2000 Volvo S80

2000 Volvo S80 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 140000 miles

I just bought this car a few weeks ago, and the abs, STC and check engine lights are on.

The check engine goes off if I put premium in.

The abs goes off sometime when turning.

STC, intermittent.
Cschmutz

The check engine light may be related to the ABS light. Code will most likey be related to the ABS code. Do you have some sorte of warranty on your car? You should take it back and have them fix it for you? Can you get the Engine and brake control modules scanned for codes as well and post them on here?

JIS001
IT's not new, no warranty.
I had the codes scanned, says vacuum leak, so replaced the gas cap, waiting a couple days to see if it clears.

ABS, on the road not working, light in dash is right. Local shops don't have scan software for Volvo's. Last resort is Volvo dealer.$$$$ Unless someone can help.

Cschmutz
Sounds like you will need to go to Volvo. Need to know the ABS code?

JIS001
I read it requires the ABS module to be replaced 99% of the time. There is a website where a guy rebuilds them for $125-, is this a reputable way to go?

Cschmutz
And 1% it could be a bad wheel sensor, hub, or axle? Maybe corrosion in the terminals? But it is hard to say at this point? Having it rebuilt sounds cheaper then replacing the module?

JIS001