CARS ACT FUNNY WHEN I PRESS ON THE GAS

2000 Volvo S80

2000 Volvo S80 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 180 k miles

ok well let me try to discribe this the best I can. Somtime when I press on the gas the car doesnt respond fully. At first I thought that it had died, but then I relized that the RPMs were at the number mark and the car was going foward at about 5 to 10 mph max. And that was witht the pedal all the way to the floor. This last for about 10 seconds then it kicks back in and runs fine. This problem just started today. I was driving all day today at work (about 7hrs of drive time) at it had to have happened at least 13 tiimes. So needless to say im a little worried. Any advice.

EDIT---I got a basic diagnostics done and it gave P0030 sensor 1, bank 1, indicating that and O2 sensor was out. Could this posibly cause any other codes to come up as well becuase another poped up just a few hours ago P0121. It said somting about the " PCM saying that the actual input from the throttle position sensor does not match the calculated throttle position.&Quot; Could this new problem be caused by the faulty Oxygen sensor?
Mangoman86

Hi mangoman86,

If the Check Engine Light is showing, get a scan done to retrieve the Diagnostic code and proceed from there.

If no CEL is showing, then it is best to get a diagnostic scan to check the various sensor operations. Some might be working out of specs causing the problem.

Take to VOLVO for diagnosing. You have 2 separate problems. No throttle responce can be several problems. You could have a bad voltage regulator causing some charging problems. If the ETM recieves less then10 volts it can go dead and not resond. If the ETM is actually faulty VOLVO will replace it free since it is warrantied for 10 years 200k miles. So have them diagnose it.

JIS001