INTERMITTENT A/C ISSUE

2000 Volvo S70

Air Conditioning problem
2000 Volvo S70 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 154500 miles

My A/C has an intermittent fault -- the fan keeps blowing, but the cooling stops. I've not detected a certain cause, but it happens in traffic, on the interstate, and sometimes if I start or stop quickly or gun it to accelerate. My mechanic says the coolant is to spec, but it didn't happen during the day he had it.

Turning off the A/C switch on the dash for a few minutes will -sometimes- cause the cooling to start again when I re-engage it.

Any ideas? This is one of the 2000 S70s that has continual electrical shorting issues -- tail lamps going out, etc. Could that be involved?
Oldguy28613

Does the cooling fan run when the ac is on? Were the pressure readings good?

Mastertechtim
Fan runs (on auto and on manual). The pressures were normal, according to the mech.

Oldguy28613
He is missing something. Do you notice when its not working is the ac compressor coming on? Possible loose connection near ac compressor

Mastertechtim
I'll check that this week -- I'm on the road, won't be able to get it back to him until Thursday.

Oldguy28613