HEADLIGHT ADJUSTMENT

1999 Volvo S70

1999 Volvo S70 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 111, 00 miles

Recently purchased a 1999 Volvo S70. One headlight is pointing to the trees. Reading the owner manual it notes something like.&Quot; look into the clear window on the top of the headlight lens. You will see a 'level'. Use the headlight adjustment knob to reset the 'level' to zero".
The manual does not offer any diagram of where the " window" is on the lens. I can not see anything resembling a clear window anywhere on the lens. Further the manual does not identify any adjustment knob nor can I see anything that appears to be an adjustment device.
The question. How the heck do I adjust the dang headlight?

thanks
Carfino

I have a 1998 S70 Non-Turbo.
Under the hood on top of the headlight is a sight Glass with a level in it. (Mine has been weathered and I can't see through it.) Then you will find 2 seperate knobs to adjust. One on top the headlight the other down in the engine compartment behind the headlight. One adjust left to right the other up and down. (Looks kinda look like the inners of a wagon wheel shape. With a 6 point hexagon type hole in the middle made of plastic.) But be careful the plastic can be brittle over time. Turn slow at first.

Jmead6
http://www.ehow.com/how_3383_adjust-cars-headlights.html

here's the site on how to adjust the headlight of the car.
hope this helps.
_________________
**
Satisfaction is derived from a job well done.
headlights
for here

Starcatcher017
Before attempting to adjust the headlights the side that is facing up, you should inspect the bulb to make sure it is secured and positioned properly. The majority of the time the bulb is unsually not positioned right and aim in the direction it was misplaced. If they are properly seated then take it to a lamp adjuster to check it out.

JIS001