A/C WON'T COOL

2002 Volvo S40

Air Conditioning problem
2002 Volvo S40 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

Hi guys, had this s4 with a/c problem, new compreesor and drier, looked at all lines(hi press, from compressor to condenser, from condenser to drier, from drier to evap. From evap to compressor; NO restriccion. Blows right through. Now, I looked at the lines tryiing to find ANY indication of an internal filter or orifice tube; could not find any dimples or indentations on the lines either high pressure or liquid. Could not find any l; ines under the coolant reservoir either. The high pressure line runs from the compressor to the condenser under the battery tray and from there to the drier right next to it and from there to the evaporator (alongside the top of the driver's fender and curves in 90 deg towards to evap on the passenger side firewall; )please help;
Carlossanino

Hi there,

The receiver dryer is the filter for the system, I would be doing a vacuum dryer down test and check for any leaks, this should be done any way to remove any moisture from the air in the system, and add a charge and check system pressures first, this will give an indication as to what is going on.

Mark, (mhpautos)

Mhpautos