ADD TRANSMISSION FLUID

2001 Volvo S40

2001 Volvo S40 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 125000 miles

Where do you add transmission fluid?
Rainbowsales

The dipstick is hard to get at. When cold if you push thelower radiator hose to the side you should see the yellow dipstick. If you try it when it is hot you will get burn Also make sure you use the proper fluid. If dipstick says to use special oil then you will need synthetic transmission fluid.

JIS001
Where exactly is the lower radiator hose? Is this where transmission fluid is added? Thanks for the help.

TexasPoints
If you look at the radiator on drivers side. Look below and you will see the radiator hose. Gently push it to the side and you should see the dipstick down below on the transmission.

JIS001
Thanks for the help. Now, where do I add transmission fluid. Let me explain my issue. I had my car shipped by cargo ship and when it got off the ship it would not go into gear. What I am trying to do is see if for whatever reason the fluid leaked out during the voyage. So, I want to add fluid and see if it leaks out. Thanks again.

TexasPoints
You fill it in the same place you check it.

JIS001
Always remember to check the fluid after running to operating temperature.