NOT STARTING AND 4WAY FLASHERS ON ALL THE TIME.

Volvo Other

I have a 1997 Volvo GLT and it will not start. When I turn the key nothing happens (no noise, nothing.). The battery is new and I know it works because the interior lights come on and the 4 way flashers work but I cannot turn off the 4way flashers. I know I need a security code to turn the radio on (I got that from the dealership) and when the battery was bad all it would do was beep and 4way flashers. So I think I either need the code to turn off the 4ways or the 4ways tell me what is wrong. Does anyone know anything about this?
Tkmadden

Somtimes its best to take it to a dealer for this kind of repair. I do this all the time. The radio code must be entered. There is an anti theft device that when the radio is removed the anti theft device kicks in and wont allow the car to start. Take it to a dealer and have them put in the code the proper way and you should be fine.

Lsussel