VOLVO C70 SPARK PROBLEM

2000 Volvo C70

2000 Volvo C70 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 80k miles

After replacing the head gasket and flywheel my 2000 Volvo C70 Turbo cranks, tries to start but won't. There is spark. The timing is correct. I pulled off the fuel rail and the injectors fire two to four times each and then stop. If I turn the key back and do it again, it repeats. Injectors shoot out fuel a few times and as the car continues to crank, they cease to fire any more fuel. Any ideas?
Terreone

Is the spark doing the same thing as the injectors?

Wrenchtech
There is continous spark. Only the injectors squirt gas for 4 or 5 cycles (4 or 5 times each) and then they just stop squirting fuel. The is spark continous. I have replaced the crankshaft sensor.

Terreone
I would try unplugging all the injectors and use a noid light in one of them to see if it changes anything to indicate an shorted injector causing the problem.

Wrenchtech
Even is all 5 injectors are firing at one point? All 5 take their respective turns for a few times each and then none work.

Terreone
But you don't know if one shorted injector is pulling the power supply down.

Wrenchtech
OK, I'll try it. At hti point I'll try anything. Since I don't have a 'noid' lite or know what it is, can I simply take turns disconnecting one injector at a time?

Terreone
No, you can buy a noid light at most any auto parts store for under $10.
How do you know that your losing injector pulse if you don't have a noid light?

Wrenchtech
By the way, each and everytime I turn the key back and try to restart I get all injectors firing again---and then stopping again.

Terreone
I have pulled the entire rail our and allow them to fire into a container. I can see them squirting.

Terreone
OK, we need to look at this electrically.

Wrenchtech
Page 1 of 2